Chia Chi Kao, M.D.
After graduating from Medical School at the University of Washington in Seattle, Dr. Kao completed a 5-year General Surgery program at the University of Washington and received his Board Certification by the American Board of Surgery in 1997. He quickly developed an interest in surgical endoscopy (minimally invasive surgery through the use of a small camera scope). He became a clinical professor at the University’s Center for Videoendoscopic Surgery and taught residents and fellow surgeons this technique. He then completed a three-year plastic surgery program at the University of Southern California. Dr. Kao continues to expand his interest in Endoscopic Surgery to facial plastic surgery. He specializes in the Endoscopic Browlift, Midfacelift, Vertical Facelift and Limited Incision Necklift. He helps to teach other surgeons these specialized techniques at the Endoscopic Plastic Surgery Educational Seminar in Los Angeles, California. He also performs all aspects of plastic surgery
including cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery, liposuction,
laser resurfacing, tummy tuck, eyelid, and nasal surgery.
Dr. Kao has authored numerous publications that have appeared in professional journals. He has also lectured national and regional meetings with presentations to such groups as, The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, The American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and The California Society of Plastic Surgeons. He recently appeared on the Discovery Learning Channel featuring his endoscopic facial work.
Dr. Kao is a Staff Plastic Surgeon at Saint Johns Health Center in Santa Monica and the Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center. He is a member of California Society of Plastic Surgeons and is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery 2001
- The American Board of Surgery February 11, 1997
- Member of California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons Associate Fellow 1997-present
- Henry N. Harkins Surgical Society November 17, 1995-present
- American Medical Association 1991-present
- Endoscopic Facial Plastic Surgery Educational Seminars
- California State Physicians and Surgeons
- Washington State Physicians and Surgeons