Barbara B. Hayden, M.D.
Dr. Hayden began her studies at UCLA in pursuit of a career in technical illustrating and graduated from UCLA with a degree in Molecular Biology. She began a doctorate program in Microbiology and Immunology and subsequently entered the UCLA School of Medicine. After graduating from Medical School, she completed General Surgery Residency and Plastic Surgery Residency at UCLA. She was a full time member of the faculty in the UCLA department of Surgery from 1987 through 1991. She continued as UCLA Clinical Faculty, was Director of Outpatient Surgery, SVA Hospital and Director of Reconstructive Surgery at the Salick Cancer Center, Westlake Hospital. She has had a private practice in Santa Monica since 1990.
Dr. Hayden continues her interest in breast health, breast cancer awareness and prevention.
Her personal experience with breast cancer and chemotherapy profoundly influence her
determination to provide programs that optimize health, appearance and self esteem.
Degrees and Residencies:
- Undergraduate degree – Molecular Biology UCLA
- Graduate degree – PhD program Microbiology & Immunology
- NIH Grant Microbiology & Immunology
- Medical degree – UCLA School of Medicine
- General Surgery residency – UCLA School of Medicine
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery residence – UCLA School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Surgery – Department of Plastic & Reconstructive
- Surgery UCLA 1987-1991
- Chief of Outpatient Surgery – Sepulveda VA Hospital 1987-1994
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery – Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery UCLA 1991-2005
- Director of Reconstructive Surgery – Salick Cancer Center Westlake Hospital 1991-1998
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgery 1992-present
- Member: American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 1997-present
- Member: California Society of Plastic Surgeons 1993-present
- Advisory Board Mentor Corporation